Wednesday, September 15, 2010

the pursuit of vitality at all costs


In the universe's further efforts to reconvince me that it does, in fact, like me, news has arrived about two absolutely stellar things.  1. That David Foster Wallace's unfinished third novel, The Pale King, would be released on tax day, April 15, 2011. We also got a peek at the cover, done by his widow, Karen.

I've been awaiting it's release since right after his death, when I heard about it. (PS- it was the  two year anniversary of that last  Sunday. Sad times.) Can't wait to see how the latest set of characters "attempts to do their job in the face of soul-crushing tedium." (I hear that.)

And even more exciting on a personal level, Erin is having the baby today! Little Lukey will be here by this afternoon! And while I'm pretty sad I can't be in the room to help her push (Still, seriously, the most awesome thing ever) I am excited that I am still in the States to get the updates and see baby Lukey as soon as pictures get sent. In case I haven't made it clear, I think I might love my friends' kids more even than I love them. 

I feel sort of psychic about them. I felt very certain of how Tigerlily would be even before she was born-- that has proved to be totally true!-- and I have similar feelings of what a wonderful little man Erin's son will be. I love babies. Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...