Wednesday, September 8, 2010

kaleidoscope heart



So I've been listening to it since last night when it came out. I haven't really gotten out of bed or changed out of pajamas today (which I so so needed, being one hundred percent completely on the go since August 1st.) And in spite of a whole day of listening, reading, writing, researching the new laptop I'm determined to get before next week (perhaps I should focus my determination more on my visa than gadgets) I still haven't made up my mind about Kaleidoscope Heart


I know I like the name. I feel a missing of those melodies I love so much that I'd call "piano-driven." I wish the title track was more fully formed. I wish I felt as excited about it as I did the moment I downloaded it. (Is this part of my loving the idea of things better than the reality? The preview better than the movie? The album art better than the album?) But maybe I will. I've been a bit lulled in this transitional phase I'm in-- still missing so many folks and trying to hard to imagine my new ones.


The literature St. Andrews recently sent me is almost entirely about being an undergraduate and even the people I can find who are postgraduates seem to be about 23/24 years old...not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just that part of this free spirited writing and traveling the world deal is to reconnect with the young free spirited person that I am/was/am known to be.  So I don't know how that's going to work if I'm still the old wagon on the block. le sigh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...