Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Good News

Day 2: infinitely better than day one. Weather not quite as nice, but I'll take friends and information over nice weather at this point in time. So far, I keep running into really nice Americans. Nothing like leaving America to make you appreciate Americans, right? A couple of hilarious Brits as well. I even went on a "pub crawl." 


Originally, we were maybe going to tag along with the campus postgrad pub crawl, but they were all tying themselves together with string, and we weren't into it, so we made our own. Our pub selections were not great, but we had a good time anyhow. 


School. Yeah...right...school. My advisor is great. Loves politics. Should be a good time there. None of the post grad books are in the book store here, or any other ancillary book stores around town either-- awesome. So, God bless kindle I guess. Today (Wednesday, here) is the big English post grad day. Symposium, BBQ, party. Nothing like a bunch of nerds sitting around drinking and talking about books-- I can't wait!


In bathroom news, that is indeed my bathroom. So... I guess I'll jut be sucking it up or scheduling my showers at odd times like I did this morning at 5AM. I'll be wearing my hair almost exclusively curly here I'm guessing though since not one of the many adapters I've found is capable of making my straightening iron work. At least the water pressure is good here and it's hot-- which is more than I could ever say about NY showers most of  the time.


Super special thanks to McC for guest blogging for me. My schedule is still erratic, so it's nice to have her cranking out the awesomeness. Plus, it's just fun right? Even I'd rather read someone else's thoughts besides me on my blog. ;)


On that notes, here are some more pics, since you know how I like to make you all jealous. Ahahahah. 
my house. 
my street

St. Andrews castle

sunrise through the Cathedral door remains

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...