Tuesday, September 14, 2010

caledonia, you're calling **exciting update

"I have moved and kept on moving, proved the points that needed proving, lost the friends that needed losing, and found others on the way. Oh and I have tried and kept on trying, Stolen dreams yes, there's no denying. I have travelled hard with conscience flying, somewhere with the wind."



I prepare a lot of posts in advance. Not all, but a lot. Some days, I'm just cranking out things I want to say, and some days, I don't have much, so I save them up for days like that. Well this is the post I had planned to go out the morning I left for Scotland. I came up here, just about 5 minutes ago, to post it anyhow, and talk about what it felt like to not be on my plane. But somehow, all the lyrics to the most wonderful song about Scotland feel even more  appropriate now.


I'm at Emily's and it's always nice to sit out on the beautiful deck overlooking the valley and the mountains and write. And as I opened my laptop to talk about how yesterday, I was feeling ok, but this morning, a little sad-- not knowing what to do next, I heard the bagpipe ringtone of my Dad calling. 


"Guess what arrived about 2 hours too late?"


Yes, dear readers and friends, it was my visa. 2 hours too late. 


It's good to know bureaucracy doesn't even follow their own standards or time tables (I still mean you, NYC MTA) but for once, I'm glad they didn't. They never sent me an email saying it was on it's way, but what a lovely surprise for it to show up now.


Dad's on the phone with Delta right now hopefully rebooking us for the exact same flight tomorrow and I'm crying at Emily's kitchen table because I'm so happy I'm going to arrive at St. Andrews on time. 

But let me tell you that I love you and think about you all the time. Caledonia, you're calling me and now I'm going home. 



**PS- something is up with the embedding of the video, so in case it doesn't show up, seriously, watch this.

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Oh I'm so happy everything worked out. What a relief. You are going to be a STAR! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. hot hot hot hot hot hothot.

    ReplyDelete

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...