Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I'm Not Asleep, I'm Just Resting My Eyes



Annnnnd that's exactly what I'm doing today. As you may know, I don't take vacations from this blog. Not when I'm on a plane. Or in the wilderness. Not when I'm moving. Even-- or perhaps especially-- when I'm, ya know, on vacation. 

I'm not on vacation here in New York. Actually, I am on a massive deadline for Nicholas & Alexandra. But unless all my belongings were stolen, say, in Lisbon, Portugal (or that one scary minute [four hours] this weekend, when I was locked out of Peter Sheik's house with no shoes on and no phone and no recourse for rescue. And perhaps my first fatalistic thought was... wow, what if I have to sit in this hallway for the next 36 hours until Peter and Sarah come home and let me back in? At least I have my Chinese takeout. And then my next traumatic thought was, Hey! This isn't what I ordered! Okay, okay, but you know what? One of my very very next initial traumatic thoughts was... EFF!  That's like two days with no blog! I digress.) 

My point is... I got so much done yesterday on the show without having to divide my loyalties (I preblogged. Actually, I'm preblogging now....) that I'm going to try to snowball  that momentum without spending quite as much time on the old blog today. It's not a vacation. I'm here. Talk to me. But let's whisper. I'm not asleep. We're just resting. It's okay for you to rest too. We're in a hammock. We have margaritas. Maybe hump day is a good time to catch up on posts you've missed. Now is as good a time as any, I suppose,  to quote one of my personal fictitious heroes, Ferris Bueller, when he said, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and take a look around once in a while, you could miss it." So, even though I'm using this time to work more (typical NYC Ryann) let's just rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...