Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Life & Fiction - Close, But they Never Actually Touch


Ever since I first conceived the interweaving storylines for my novel, I've been intrigued by issues of writer's ethics, plagiarism, and how much credit do we owe our sources of inspiration. I tend to be of the opinion that everything is fiction and all experiences are fair game in some way and I think that the process of writing about our experiences changes us and those around us no matter what.

So let me just say that I'm more intrigued by The Words than I have been by any other film in a long, long time. It seems a little big-budget-y and I'm sure it will not live up to my expectations, but nonetheless, I am-- now more than perhaps any other time in my life-- super drawn to it. Don't worry, guys, I'm not so desperate as to think of plagiarizing... I just know what Brad Cooper is feeling in those low moments so dramatically underscored in these previews. 

The Words comes out Sept 7. I may even see it in the theaters. That should tell you something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...