Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Mindy Project


I'm staring into the mouth of some pretty serious writing deadlines these days. It's the same old thing with me and writing deadlines. I remember this time last year with my dissertation. Oooh, did I want to be left alone. I view pretty much any distraction with resentment. And then I feel guilty that I feel so resentful. Sigh.

But I felt absolutely no resentment whatsoever yesterday when I took some time out to watch The Mindy Project on sneak preview from Hulu. I've been eagerly anticipating this show from the moment I knew of its existence. And though it felt a little sacrileg to watch it without McC, we'll have to wait until the end of September to premiere properly and resume the rest of the season, so I comfort myself in knowing that McC and I can watch this show and its obvious natural counterpart, Downton Abbey, together in Los Angeles splendor. 

Speaking of Downton Abbey, one of the high points of the show was Mindy's crack about Downton Abbey in her drunken, uninvited wedding speech. I loved the cameos, I loved the constant rom-com commentary, you know I loved the Chris Messina (though obviously not as much as, inevitably, McC will love him in the show) and I loved how just like all the good rom coms you know right away that Chris Messina and Mindy are supposed to get together, even though they hate each other. 

I think most ladies of my generation-- at least my friends-- feel more like Mindy Kaling than Lena Dunham. I've bought Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? for almost all of my close girlfriends. Her blog, The Concerns of Mindy Kaling is one of the funniest on the internet. Mindy, girlfriend, I'm coming to Los Angeles. Let's be pals. 

1 comment:

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...