Thursday, August 30, 2012

Epic First Listens - Cat Power & The Avett Brothers


Thanks to the good people at NPR, I've been listening to Cat Power SUN pretty much non-stop. "Manhattan" is my current fave track, but I suppose that will surprise no one. Other tracks I'm especially digging are "Human Being" and "3,6,9."

Here are the facts about Cat Power aka Chan Marshall which I cannot believe. 

1. She is forty years old. That's crazy. Look at her skin. She looks like she's 22. 
2. She moved into her NYC apt in 1992 and still maintains it. Pays $160 a month. Stop. It. 

Okay, that's a shorter list than it felt like it was going to be, but that second one alone is worth making the list. ONE HUNDRED and SIXTY DOLLARS a MONTH!? The nineties, man. 

Anyhow, check out Sun. It's the very mellow jams I needs in my life right now. 

Also, Also! As of midnight, I've also been plugged into the eagerly awaited First Listen of the new Avett Brothers Album, The Carpenter. Which they say harkens back to a time when they were in a "loud band." I don't hear it. And I'm okay with that. 

If I live the life I'm given, I won't be scared to die. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...