Monday, March 19, 2012

Coveting my Annual Coffee Table Book



Pretty much every year, as soon as I get even a whiff of spring, I end up coveting some beautiful coffee table book. A lot of the time, my friend McC is a big enabler of this addiction. She used to always be sending me links to gorgeous, weighty, tomes that cost like $50. Case in point, Tartan: Romancing the Plaid. You know I had to own that. 


So that was 2009. Or maybe 2008? And Amy Sedaris's hilarious I Like You was 2009? In any case, in 2010 it was the beautiful Grace Kelly pictorial retrospective. Then, in 2011, right as I was hauling my stuff to Edinburgh (one suit case at a time... by bus) it was definitely Inside Edinburgh-- all about E'burgh's classic interior spaces.


And while I've changed cities, my mood is still in the same place re: coffee table books. So at the mo, I'm lusting after Chloe Grimshaw's New London Style. She's gone through by postcode (postcode is much more used here than in the US. It makes everything feel very 90210-- but only with respects to actually using postcode to determine anything. ) and documented some of the most creative artists, designers, architects, etc etc. Originally published in 2008, they updated it in 2010. While I think it's unwise for me to be blowing my extremely limited wad of cash at the moment on coffee table books, (especially since, as of right now, I don't have a coffee table) I make a point of leafing through some of the colorful pages whenever I go into a bookstore that has a copy. 


While I might be enjoying the idea of white walls for the first time in my entire life, I'm not about to stop admiring anyone willing to paint a whole room turquoise. Or mauve. Or slate grey. Or.... 


What about you? What's your favorite coffee table book? Hope you're having a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...