Saturday, March 31, 2012

Captured Cleveland


Without trying to sound like a geography snob here, there's basically only one person I can think of who could find and capture the soul of a place like Cleveland. Even make you want to go there. That person is the inimitable friend of my youth, Brandon Blackwell. This is the same guy who had a massively successful art exhibition featuring paintings in his own blood, and who I still say is the Best Fourth Thing


His latest artistic venture is capturing the un-obvious magic that lives in the city he somehow found himself in for more years than I think anyone plans on spending in Cleveland. I was skeptical. But then I saw his work. He's always been good. He makes stuff that has no right to work (ahem, blood paintings) work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...