Wednesday, March 28, 2012

In case you can't think of what to get me for my birthday - The Keats Brothers



While taking a turn through a bookstore this week, I had one of those moments of panic that arises in me when I realize I have missed the publication of a book super relevant to my life. In this case, a new dual biography of John and his brother George Keats


If you read this, you no doubt know Keatsy as my cosmic boyfriend. And George, John's younger brother, is not the recipient of some of John's best and most famous letters, (including prime article of my life numero uno on negative capability) but a pretty amazing story of rise to power in his own right through immigration to America. 


This new bio, by Stanford scholar Denise Gigante reveals new insight into both men's lives by looking at their relationship. I think I actually drooled on the floor of Blackwell's. 


For more check out here & here. Also, you KNOW I'll be attending this

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...