Friday, March 23, 2012

Is This Week Over Yet? Links



What a week. And not just for me-- though, believe me, I'm wiped-- there's all kinds of good stuff floating around the internet. What are your plans this weekend? I'll be driving my belongings from Scotland to London. Wish me luck!


No surprise here: I loved this article about theatre for young people saving the world:


"Much of the toxicity in this world comes from a collective draining of empathy. We don't understand each other, and we don't want to. But theater invites us -- no, forces us -- to empathize." YES.

Creativity in the workplace
The Awl on an old fave, The Secret History
Facebook's female COO, Sheryl Sandberg on why there are too few women at the top
SMASH gets renewed for a second season. More recapping for me, I suppose. 
B*tches in Bookshops
Not a huge fan of Millhauser, but I'm happy someone's winning $$ for stories
For my pal Em, look at all these at home with Frida Kahlo photos
Omar aka Michael K. Williams will be playing Ol' Dirty Bastard
My Life's Sentences from Jhumpa Lahiri 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...