Thursday, March 29, 2012

Back on Broadway Market



Back bright and early on Broadway Market this morning awaiting the visa delivery man. There's been a bit of a paper chase with this delivery, so I don't want to miss it. I sat outside at a coffee shop and waited while I worked on a new song for our tooth fairy musical. Now I'm basking in sun from Adam's window while I get more work done and contemplate my life. 


Despite the constant clog of prams and cyclists who refuse to dismount, I love Broadway Market. It's one of the only places I'd feel comfortable just hanging out on the street for several hours. I love Cat & Mutton and when I'm really hungry sometimes, my mouth can send signals to my brain making me think I'm tasting the tagliatelle and meat sauce from the newly opened Market Cafe


The scariest thing about happiness is that it makes you care that it could go away. That isn't the real definition of happiness, of course, but it sure feels like it sometimes. I want it to stay Spring. I want to stay this happy. I want there to always be the feeling of this much potential. I want to keep this up. What I'm working on now, I'm not willing to lose. 


And, despite the sunshine today, I am saddened to learn of Earl Scruggs' passing. I'm a child of Bluegrass and this banjo legend will be missed. Dad, I hope you get the chance to do a little "Foggy Mountain Breakdown" today for Earl.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...