Sunday, January 23, 2011

soooo many things sunday



As I head into week three of my butt being glued to my desk chair 10+ hours a day, I just want to update you on some of the latest. 


1. We have a VOTE! St Andrews cast! 
I'm so pumped for them. They are a really great bunch. Scotland is tad scant on the fierce-belting ethnicities, so for the first time ever, Ms Fowler will be white instead of the proud Black woman she normally is. And Nikki... let's just call Nikki mixed-race. From a licensing the show standpoint, we've always wanted to see what it would be like to tweak those things a bit, and now we have our chance. On both counts though, I think it's going to be just fine. 


2. New Tracks comin' atcha!
We're right in the middle of our marathon 16 song recording session of VOTE! and Nicholas & Alexandra. One of my favorite things about my recent insomnia is when those emails start rolling in from Steven and Jimmy, our amazing technician and music consultant. (We've been recording VOTE! with him for FOUR YEARS! He's like family!) The orchestrations are better, the lyrics are better. It's such an awesome concrete reward for sitting at your desk working out a puzzle all day.


3. Speaking of that puzzle, major structural changes to VOTE! are now done!! 
All that remains is three intense days of cleaning, tightening, honing, funny-ing until we send the thing off to that fun exciting opportunity I've been alluding to. Hopefully I'll be able to tell you all about it soon. After Wednesday, I'm back to dead Russians and finishing up Nic & Alix before our due date and classes start again.


Maybe I'll use my little trip to the Borders with my fellow St Andrews MLitters to actually write a short story or something... 


Hope you're having a great Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. You are a ROCK STAR in so many amazing ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to hear/see the new stuff from the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great picture.

    ReplyDelete

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...