Tuesday, January 25, 2011

robert burns & the birthday A-Team

Interactive Robert Burns. Seriously.
As far as Birthday conglomerations go, January 25th is about as good as it gets. It is the A-Team of birthdays. And I don't just mean the man they put on money, Mr. Robert Burns, but a cluster of my favorite people in the whole world. 


1. Preacher Barbie, Kate Floyd. She's one of the people I'm most continually in awe of. She is actually a Methodist minister. She's so compassionate, she will make you want to be a Methodist. Read more about her here


2. Rob Shafer. The other perfect Robbie. Also so insightful and lovely and just out there making the world a better place, sometimes you gotta sit down for a minute because your head is spinning. That's okay though, because he's a doctor, so he'd make sure you didn't pass out. If I ever wanted to disappear from the world and live in nature and just talk philosophy forever (and sometimes, I'm tempted) I think I'd suggest to Rob we just go hang on the ranch in Carizozo.)


3. Last. Best. My Dad. I've tried many times over the years to express the new and very growing ways in which my dad is the number one sign I have that the world likes me. He is the perfect dad for me. And like the other people who share his birthday, he's out there in the world talking to people about all there is to be happy about. He's entertaining them, dispensing wisdom, and supporting more people than I can wrap my brain around. 


Happy Birthday, A-Team! Go read some Burns tonight! Google's showing the love. I may read from my Burns iPhone app. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...