Friday, January 21, 2011

Davenport makes it to the Bahamas



This time last year, I was sitting in a hotel suite in Atlantic City with my work family, plotting the Davenport World Takeover. We made goals for 2010. We dreamed about being somewhere warm. And Bossman KD said that if everyone met their goals, the staff retreat would be somewhere warm in 2011. 


So I'm overjoyed that (even though I've moved on to the next chapter of my life-- where warm days are pretty limited) the Davenportians are on their way to a cruise of the Bahamas. Davenport is a pretty special place, with special people working there, and pretty badass captain.


It's easy to see how everyone met their 2010 goals with amazing projects like the at the booth ap- called by Entertainment Weekly "the best thing to happen to New York theatre since the introduction of the TKTS Booth," the new rehearsal studio and of course, this, the first-ever crowd funded musical


For a thousand bucks, you can be a Broadway producer of Godspell. Sort of. But Ken explains it better than me, so I'll send you that way. While you're on his blog, you should stick around. It's one of the most valuable theatre resources I can think of. You'll be Davenported (That's for you, KJ).


Have fun in the Bahamas, Davenportians! Have a Pina Colada for old Fergie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...