Tuesday, January 11, 2011

emily hogarth



My newest artist obsession is Emily Hogarth. I discovered her (and this amazing print with lyrics from "Caledonia") at my favorite little shop with no name in Edinburgh. I couldn't get the print the last time I was there, but you can bet I'll be back to snag it. I can see it hanging in my amazing New Town flat there next come September. 


She works mainly in paper cuts-- which you can tell even in her prints. I love that she says she's trying to make everyday magical. That's certainly a goal I can get behind. 


She's got a great blog and an etsy shop with a lot of her prints, including some of her other Edinburgh-inspired prints. But this one is the one for me. It's daydreamy. 


Back to writing. Day one yielded a tear-jerker song for Nicholas in Nic & Alix. It's really fun and funny to write songs with Steven over skype. But so far so good, right?! And tonight starts auditions for VOTE! in St Andrews. Hope to see some fierce belters out at the Barron tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...