Saturday, January 29, 2011

invincible summer



Is Albert Camus the most quotable writer ever? I'd contend YES. (Let's agree not to deal with Shakespeare-- that's just...extra.)From some of my favorites like "Charm is a way of getting the answer 'Yes' without asking a clear question" and "live life to the point of tears," his hits just keep on coming. I have a bit of a crush on him. I'm not alone. Elizabeth Hawes wrote a whole book about the severity of her lit crush. Camus: A Romance. You know I read it. I feel her. 


I'm longing for spring these days, but joyous that I'm taking myself off the leash I've used to chain myself to my desk these past three weeks.  (We did it!! VOTE! and it's 10 song concept album is DONE! Now, onto finishing Nic & Alix.) I feel I've earned some reckless freedom so I'm hitting the open road. I'm heading South. And where I end up (within the reasonable bounds of about 2-3 days) is anybody's guess. In the meantime, another Camus gem for your winter Saturday, wherever you are. 


How great word is 'invincible'!? Can we just talk about that?

2 comments:

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...