Monday, January 31, 2011

in transit monday



I have no idea where I'll be when this posts. But chances are, I'll be in transit. Right now I'm in a lovely first class seat on a Virgin Railways train to North Wales. Later today, I'm hoping for a local tour and hopefully some birdwatching from designated expert, Torcuil. I'll let you know what I learn about Wales and birds. 


Even though I have four connections on this journey,  I just have to say that travelling first class by train is about the most lovely way to travel I can think of. I don't know what I did to get bumped up, but I hope it happens more often. Sigh.


It's nice and foggy from my big windows and I'm sipping free tea. This is living. Earlier I was working on Nic & Alix and now I've moved on to a new short story for my collection. I have to keep reminding myself to keep focused on short stories and not skip ahead to working on my novel too much. Not that Don Paterson is a novelist, but he's one of the people who graded my semester project where I pitched (at least the research portion of) my novel and he really liked it. He said really nice things. And being Teacher's Pet and all, it really makes me want to work on it. :)


Anyhow. After Wales, I'm going to meander down to London for Sophie's concert at Half Moon. Good times! Hope you're having a great Monday!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...