Wednesday, January 19, 2011

iona's breakfast




One night in Edinburgh recently, McC, Iona and I were talking about the trend of blogs devoted solely to what the girl who runs the blog wore that day. A litany of outfits and pouty poses. I have perhaps a rather mean-spirited tendency to make fun of them, though I suppose I do see the point. I like clothes too. 


And in a way,  you could argue for clothes as wearable art. And I suppose that if you want to get down to it, the art stuff I talk about on here is just as pointless. Priorities, perspective, yada yada.  And I do think that clothes can help you feel confident...ok ok.


But for the sake of this blog (and Iona's new blog) let's just allow ourselves to be snarky about it for a minute. So Iona said, "I'm going to make a blog where all I do is post of a picture of what I eat for breakfast every morning." And she did. And it's genius. 


I like that she posts the breakfast at the end of day-- somehow allowing for a causal kind of thought process. That the events of the day could actually be traced back to the muesli with raspberries, etc. Also, Iona is a really good writer, and should probably have a whole lot of readers, so go check her out

1 comment:

  1. Even better than the breakfast is the pretty dishes.

    ReplyDelete

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...