Tuesday, November 16, 2010

what's a doo cot?



I did a lot of exploring Scotland over our reading week break from classes. But Gretchen and I thought it would also be good to do some more exploring right here in St Andrews as well. So we decided to hit the Lade Braes trail and see what kind of trouble we could get into. 
Just two writers out on the trail…with a bit of tech support. Like all good New Yorkers, I don’t go anywhere without my iphone. And it’s walks like this one that remind me of why. Not only did we get slightly lost on our quest to track down the beehive-looking thing at the end of the maps along the way (“what in the world is a doo cot??”) but the light on the trail is genuinely amazing. I’m sure glad I had both google maps and my camera to snap these shots. 
We plan on taking this walk again now that we know the ropes. If you’ve never been, I highly recommend it. Perfect for  brisk sunny day– assuming we have a few more of those left this November. (And for the record, we did find the doo cot. It’s for pigeons? [thanks iphone google] Personally, I think with some renovations and maybe some shabby chic interior design, it could be a pretty sweet vacation bungalow….)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...