Wednesday, November 17, 2010

spring awakening in scotland



Lots of really great things in my life came from Spring Awakening. Amazing friends. Some of the best show biz advice I've ever gotten from mentors. Even a threat to ruin my career (which really lit a flame under my ass-- until I realized several years later that the producer who threatened my career was actually senile, and, in fact, didn't even remember who I was). 


I digress. My point is that show will always have a special place in my heart-- so it was sweet to see that it would be the fall musical here at St Andrews. I've sort of been helping out where I could here and there. I watched a run through last night and was so impressed!  They're in great shape! Made me miss being in the rehearsal room, made me miss being in the Eugene O'Neill Theatre and 49th Street in general (I mean you, Davenport-ians).


At least Steven and I still semi-rehearse via gchat. Hahaha. Excited to get back to working on Nic & Alix here soon. Excited for the big old concert we're having next Monday in NYC (more info on that shortly.)


In the meantime, if you're in St Andrews, come see one of the four Spring Awakening performances this weekend. It's at the beautiful Byre. If you already love the show, I promise these kids are doing it justice. If you've never seen the show, I still think it's some of the most beautiful music I've ever heard or ever hope to hear. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...