Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Edinburgh Afternoons



Edinburgh is literally a Georgian paradise. For anyone who's a fan of this period of architecture and decor, you must make a pilgrimage. I'm still having dreamy thoughts of both Iona and Zaza's flats...tall, streaky windows overlooking rainy streets. Views to write by. All the walls in the whole city, it seems, are painted colors to imagine by. The crown moulding knows no bounds.  The wood flooring is made of actual wood. And I'm already decorating my imaginary flat there now. 

I stopped in at the world's most perfect coffee shop below Zaza's flat on Howe Street, Leo's Beanery. They sell Zaza's rings too! If you're in Edinburgh, you must go. You'll be treated to a full bottle of water and silver cutlery just for ordering a sandwich. And all the teacups are obviously to die for. It makes me miss my teacup collection that sadly had to be left behind in NYC under Autumn's guardianship.




artsy types in Stockbridge
at the vintage store, threadbare, where Cecille sews right in the shop. 

1 comment:

  1. My favorite of all time architecture and oh my look at the cup your coffee came in!

    ReplyDelete

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...