Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Zaza and Peculiar Presents

Hi! I promise I'm not being deliberately dodgey about posting my Skye pics. I just wanted to introduce you to the characters and have a bit of an Edinburgh themed day. Especially since it's my time with these lovely folks in my favorite "toooon" that makes me really certain I'd like to move there next year when I'm done with the class portion of my degree. Plus, it's Wednesday and who doesn't need something cute as a pick-me-up mid week? So let's talk about Zaza! 


Zaza, in addition to having the coolest name ever, makes the most lovely gifts and art pieces. She was an art history major at St Andrews for her undergrad (where she met Sophie, and then subsequently, Iona [ so, question: are Sophie and Iona the nexus of the universe? Maybe.]) and is a very very talented artist. She's also hilarious and does fabulous impressions of all kinds of people and pop culture references. 


Yesterday in Edinburgh, after having seen all her beautiful stuff on her website, I went over for tea and to get my very own adorable tea cup ring. Be prepared to want EVERYTHING on her site, dear friends (some of you I can already see salivating). And she ships to America!




Her flat in Edinburgh is like a dream artist's flat. I just loved it! And as we sipped our tea and then hit up the local vintage shops in New Town and Stockbridge, my imagination went on a total tangent thinking about all the fun things to do once I'm an Edinburgh resident. (I've even been just spec-ing rentals etc etc to see what what kind of flats might be within reason for next year.)



In addition to rings, I got to check out more of her stuff up close. Everything is perfect for small gifts and even stocking stuffers. I'm one of about 5 people in all of Scotland who don't need a draught excluder for under their doors, but if you live somewhere cold, I feel like this is just the thing. I'm also a big fan of her cards. She has some great punny cards about sea life, the 3 Kings are beautiful, and with Christmas coming up, I think I may be buying her out! 

For those of you in Edinburgh, she'll also have a booth in the Edinburgh Christmas Market, so if you're around there, look for the Peculiar Presents Booth! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my that web site could be dangerous to my pocketbook. When you get your flat I guess I will have to send you Grace back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah- no she's yours, Dena! Maybe one day when I'm really really settled. But not anytime soon :) Isn't her stuff too cute? I lovvvvve it! xo

    ReplyDelete

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...