Friday, October 1, 2010

Rainy Day Activities


The difference between sunny days and rainy days here is so body altering. I don't remember this phenomenon anywhere else I've lived. In New York, when it was raining, everyone was sulky and everything was dirty. No one wanted to do anything. Here, (and sunny days are miraculous as well) it just changes the way you feel in your bones and what kinds of quiet things you want to do. 


Earlier this week, Taylor and I ducked into this little art gallery, Fraser Gallery,  and were actually blown away by these Robert MacMillan paintings. Some were very small and some were pretty massive (I liked the smaller ones better) and one of them was perhaps the first time I ever looked at a painting and thought, I really must have that. It was even the only one pretty much not already sold. 


They let us photograph the paintings and so I'll share them with you. 
Through the Veils of Darkness-- Almost couldn't tear Taylor away from this one (pic does not do it justice)
We both wanted this one. It's better in the frame, but I couldn't get the shot right. 

We had another amazing rainy day on Wednesday and we dressed up and went for High Tea on the beach. It was fun, but we were the only ones there. I think we had more fun photographing waves and rainbows. The sunset was truly spectacular that day. 

Tay and I are off to Glasgow later today for a weekend of exploring and probably getting into trouble. 

photo by Taylor
photo by Taylor
photo by me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...