Saturday, October 30, 2010

sex and death and pick up trucks



I'm (slooooowly) working on my literary essay about the Yeats quote, "I am still of opinion that only two topics can be of the least interest to a serious and studious mood - sex and the dead."


I'm also working from the Keats quote (obviously) in his letter to Fanny Brawne, "I have two luxuries to brood over in my walks, your Loveliness and the hour of my death. O that I could have possession of them both in the same minute. "


Basically, I know the direction I want to take the essay, but I'm not set on which texts I want to talk about though. I have a stack here, but nothing is really calling my name as the perfect answer. Thoughts? Which texts would be good? Any ideas, you guys? 


On that note, I'll leave you with this song and some fabulously almost applicable lyrics. I'm a big ol' pacifist, but there is something sexy about a man willing to kick someone's ass for you:

And in the moonlight I fought him down
All kickin screamin & rolling around
A little piece of a bloody tooth
Just so you know I was thinkin of you



1 comment:

  1. love keats, love love pick-ups....but eeeeeeekkkk!!! I can't listen to KOL, yikes!

    ReplyDelete

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...