Saturday, October 23, 2010

some tartan for your saturday


In my weekend posts, I like to talk about light-hearted things like shopping and design instead of writing or Buddhism or whatnot.  I love tartan all the days of the week, but Saturdays make me want to spend money, so I'm passing the feeling onto you while I go sit at one of my favorite cafes, North Point, and work on finishing my play. (which, mercifully, is no longer about a gangster.) Hopefully by Monday, I'll be proud enough of it to at least invite you to come to the Byre and see it next week. 

Also, a note. In North America, we tend to call tartan "plaid." But a plaid is actually a blanket or a sash, not the pattern itself.

While I work, you should think about buying these things:

Tartan iphone case-- I might actually get this one.
McC showed me this book and I ordered it on the spot. It's still my favorite coffee table book and I shipped it's bulky mass all the way here. Tartan + Romance in the title= yes.
I also enjoy this one, but have yet to purchase it.
A tartan car could be going a little too far. 

Here's some more We Were Promised Jetpacks for ya. 
Oh and while we're at it, let's add this little acoustic version of "Little Lion Man"

2 comments:

  1. But eye lass the haunting question still....what is worn under those tartan kilts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....besides a wee set of pipes...

    ReplyDelete

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...