Friday, October 8, 2010

Beautiful Bamff Walk


I said I thought St Andrews was heaven. I lied. Bamff is heaven. I'm probably going to post a few times about all the wonderful things I think about the Ramsays and all the amazing art, ecology and general all around awesomeness and responsible, thoughtful living coming out of Bamff-- but I'll start with this wonderful walk that Sophie and I had up into the hills and the heather. 


Taking a long walk with a new friend is one of the best things I can think of. On this particular walk, we talked a lot about the nature of loss and grief. What kind of atmosphere it creates. And even though I'm sure I didn't have anything particularly new or insightful to say about the topic, it was one of those awesome conversations where just even the level of honesty about it makes you a new kind of friends on the other end of it. 


I think Sophie is a really special soul and I'm so thankful to know her and her fantastic family! (She also said I really looked Scottish while I was out on the moors, so it's good to know I actually look my heritage. Gotta get that street cred!) More about Bamff soon. Have an amazing weekend! 


the future home of Sophie's artist retreat
thistle! the Ferguson clan symbol
very Bronte
the sky has a personality in Scotland
frolicking in the heather

1 comment:

  1. that frolicking in the heather picture is just so you. you are totally in your element!

    ReplyDelete

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...