Wednesday, February 2, 2011

remember, london is where we lived before we took off for neverland

The worst book of poetry ever. 
I'm still in London on a sort of emotional health retreat- haha. I've mostly been tucked away on Broadway Market in the middle of Hackney/London Fields. It's like a hidden gem of a street and best of all, Sophie and Adam live here. 


We've gotten way too much caffeine at La Bouche and Gossip (home of the worst book of poetry ever-- see above. Just look at the smile-fist 1980's author photo on the back. The book was dedicated to everyone who'd ever been unemployed-- ha!) ran into friends at other coffee shops, tried fun cocktails at Off-Broadway (felt at home there) and just had a lot of good laughing/borderline crying talks. And music! (Sophie has a show tonight!) 


And we've been developing an American alter-ego for Sophie we're calling Charlie Wynter. We think she's almost ready to be passed off as real to the public. I'll let you know how it goes. 


The first night I was here, we were shopping for dinner and I was recounting some story involving several of this amazing set of friends I've fallen into and Adam Kay said, "Wow, I hope you know you got super lucky. I was in the UK for years before I found friends like these." To which I replied, "Oh trust me. I am aware of just how lucky I am." 


I am actually surrounded, all across the world, by friends who know just what to say when I'm feeling blue. Not the least of whom is Sophie. And certainly the best of whom is Emily, who always has something amazing like this to say: "I hope you and Sophie are in a smokey pub somewhere drinking beer. Remember, London is where Wendy, Michael and John lived before they took off to Neverland. London always reminds me of Peter Pan."


tips are dead sexy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...