Friday, February 4, 2011

Borough Market- London



Yesterday, we slept in after staying out late for Sophie's concert. We made steak and eggs for brunch, but decided to save coffee for "the best coffee in London" (according to Adam & Sophie). And so, we embarked to Borough Market and Monmouth


The place did not disappoint. Maybe it was just my exceptional company, but the market was the first place that made me think I could really love London in some way near to the way I love Edinburgh or New York.


There were some super serious French pastries, empanadas it was an effort to refrain from (Adam didn't have the willpower) and these massive blocks of smelly cheese they were grilling for a not-playing-around grilled cheese sandwich that was beyond rich. (For those of you who know my love of a grilled cheese sammich, [with dill pickles!] you know I'll be back to Borough Market soon for one of those. 


We went on a search for one oyster, Sophie & Adam split a wheatgrass shot (3 days of vegetables in one shot!) and I ogled an olive bar, but was too full from cafe au lait at Monmouth (it was that good) and about 20 baguettes slathered in clear Scottish honey, Apricot Jam, and Subtle Marmelade (the name of Sophie's next hit album.)


After all that, plus a walk on the Thames, what more could a girl ask for from her last day in London. But, of course, I'm a lucky girl, so there is more! I'll save that for later though... Happy Friday!



1 comment:

  1. Next time try that grill cheese sammich with bread and butter pickles, yum

    ReplyDelete

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...