Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Invisible Art


With my new projects in film editing, I thought it was time to catch up my theory with my practical, so I rented this very cool documentary about the art of cutting and some of the unsung heroes of the film industry: editors. The Cutting Edge: The Magic of Movie Editing is a documentary by Wendy (Stone) Apple, narrated by Kathy Bates. 

I feel like anyone with even a spectator's interest in film (and really, isn't  that everyone? Is there anyone who doesn't watch or enjoy movies as an entity??) will get sucked in to the history and theory behind the evolution of film editing. 

I'm taking a break from editing due to some truly irritating tech problems and letting my frustration out on my living room walls by painting them. Nothing lets loose some feeling like manual labor and the mood-changing of a room. 

Anyhow, check it out below! Editors for the win! Happy Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...