Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Heavyweight - Rachael Yamagata



Rachael Yamagata is an artist I'm a bit ashamed to say I forgot about. I was a huge fan of her 2004 album, Happenstance, but in my mind, other than a few duets with folks I like, and this baller album she did with KCRW in 2005, she wasn't really putting out any new music. Not so. Whoops. 

With the release of her newest album, and her busting back onto my radar in a major way, I did some looking into my old musical friend, and turns out I missed albums in 2008 (Elephants...Teeth Sinking Into Heart) and 2011 (Crowd funded Chesapeake). Again, whoops. 

But Heavyweight. What a beautiful EP. Same earthy, sensual sound. Her voice, still like smoke slowly rolling out of a bottle. Same deliberate, if pregnantly pausing piano. I'm personally loving Falling In Love Again and It'll Do
She's in New York this week

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...