Saturday, September 8, 2012

Let's Go Anywhere


Planes, trains, and automobiles are what my life is about, even as I attempt to be still. I'll be logging a lot of car hours this weekend as I trek around South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia. I feel pretty worried at the moment, but I can tell you what I'm going to do no matter what. I'm going to roll the windows down of whatever rented car I might happen to be in and let it all in: the heat, the petrichor, the buzz, the hum. 

Driving around in the South when I was a kid, I felt like I could do anything. That everything was on the road ahead of me. It used to make me want to get out and run. That's how strong I felt. I thought I could get there faster than the car on my own two feet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...