Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Labor Day!


Even though it's a holiday, I'm working. Now that Nicholas & Alexandra is done, (did I mention that? Finished! For now.) it's time to crack into finishing those grant applications Steven and I are applying for and get my pilot in shape to take to LA at the end of the month. 

I have a lot of feelings about unions, but I feel like it's important to never lose sight of the purpose  of unions-- what we have that we once didn't have because of the Labor movement-- and to remember that who needs the protection of unions may always be changing. I'm working today by choice. So, thanks, Labor movement, for weekends, 8 hour work days, (at least in theory) child labor laws and sick pay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...