Thursday, October 25, 2012

War & Peace, the Electro Pop Opera?

One can always count on Ars Nova to bring to you some truly trippy shit. This latest thing of theirs I'm dying to see is Natasha, Pierre, and The Great Comet of 1812-- an electro pop opera from Dave Malloy based on War & Peace. And while I think their title is about the worst I've ever heard, I'm crazy about Tolstoy, I'm utterly devoted to pop operas about Russia (!!!) and would give almost anything to experience the lit nerd acid trip that this surely is. 

I will give $5 to anyone who sees it and reports back to me.  It's extended until November 17, so you have some time. The Times called improbably wonderful, but I want your word for it. Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...