Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Road Turns, I Grow: Knock for Knock



Some things make me miss Japan... and this is one of them. A friend of mine posted this the other day, and even though I have no interest in cycling per se,  I was totally drawn to it. I miss the light in Tokyo. I miss the lonely crowds. I miss how the city occupies the strange space between the masculine and feminine. This time of year, when everything is made pink by scattered sakura. 


Maybe I've just been to jealous and living vicariously through Jon Schu's recent trip to Tokyo, but I loved this video, Knock for Knock. I loved the music by Glaswegian band Mogwai.  I especially loved the animation at the end by Rebecca Strickson . And the subtle shift into English. I miss speaking Japanese. Everything sounds like poetry in Japanese. Who wants to go back with me?




1 comment:

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...