Thursday, May 26, 2011

It's here, It's here!


From the minute I found out Bon Iver would have a cover of the Bonnie Raitt classic "I Can't Make You Love Me" on his new album, I got shivers. I jumped up and down. It's only on the preorder, which, obvs, I don't have yet. But! Thanks to Jimmy Fallon, and the nice folks at NBC, who, for once, didn't block this in the UK, I got a preview! 


I don't know about the stuff he's pairing it with. And let's just say, I'm looking forward to his all Bon Iver-y production techniques on it, because I don't think he is "the voice" to sing it so sparsely. But either way, I was happy to get the little fix. Because "I Can't Make You Love Me" is one of the all-time great songs of the world in my opinion. Just.... yes. It was the first song I ever sang in public and the one I still enjoy singing the most. If I could write a song that good, I'd retire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...