Monday, April 2, 2012

Betty Draper is Fat and Kit Harington is Hot.



No matter what the season is or the country I'm in, all my favorite shows are on Sunday nights. This often means I end up watching them on Monday here in the UK. While I miss Homeland, Dexter & True Blood at the moment, it's a golden time because of Mad Men's Season 5 and the new Game of Thrones


Last night brought the return of Betty Draper-- absent from the premiere-- and she's gotten fat. I'm torn as to whether I think it was a bit genius to take from Betty the thing she most relied on or whether it was a cheap shot (and convenient work-around January Jones' real life pregnancy). Or whether the cheap shot at women getting fat is just another part of the genius of the show's look at women in the first place.


There was a time when I hated the idea of television. But now, I don't think anything happening in cinema is anywhere near as good as the kind of long game amazingness of what's going on even many seasons in to my favorite shows. Makes me itch to start writing something that open-ended, that ambitious.  


What did you guys think of the Season Premiere of Game of Thrones? Of Betty's return?


Bonus show links: Hitchcock's Icy Blondes, My G-O-T ultra-crush, Kit Harington aka Jon Snow. I'm hoping I run into him on the streets of London. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...