Sunday, December 18, 2011

Human Again - Ingrid Michaelson



Miss Michaelson has long been what winter sounded like to me. The way you feel both like hybernating, and that there is an energy current underneath, asking to be tapped. 


I remember many many winter mornings strolling through the East Village with her in my ear-- past Black Hound Bakery and St Mark's church in the Bowery up to Union Square for Buddhist meetings, lost in my thoughts and my wishes. Or brisk, sort-of-lonely mornings ambling into midtown on the N train from Astoria. 


Does she know that? Is that why she's always putting out albums to coincide with and complement the season? I think she does. That's the nice thing we all get to imagine about our musicians. That they know our thoughts and they're in league with us. 


Human Again is out on January 24. It's available for pre-order now. First single is "Ghost."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...