Saturday, November 5, 2011

Weekend Mellow Music- James Vincent McMorrow




By the time you read this, I'll be listening to blaring bagpipes. But the mood of Skye is much more mellow. So I leave you this fine November Saturday with some Irish goodness from Dubliner, James Vincent McMorrow


I love his originals. I've been extremely productive all week long alternating between his Early in the Morning and the new Flo album, Ceremonials. Basically, I'm into the whole album. Especially bonus track, "Red Dust". If you missed it, also check out his song "We Don't Eat" in the beautiful One Year in NYC video


But he also does covers and you know how I love those covers. "If I had a boat" is still not a cover, but he's got some Adele! (Below.) He even does a cover of my most misheard lyric throughout childhood, Steve Winwood's "Bake Me a Pie of Love"...I mean, "Higher Love."


Happy Saturday! Enjoy!





Click here for a mini concert courtesy of NPR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...