Tuesday, December 7, 2010

can now die happy



Nothing needs to ever happen to me again. Ever. Duncan + Depeche Mode "Stripped" = I can die happy now. Sometimes, I really do feel like Duncan can read my mind. This musical baby is really an ideal match for me. I had the actual EP (it's only a physical CD- no download option) shipped to me in Scotland, and I've been listening on repeat. Meant to share earlier, but I suppose I was coveting it a bit (love the ones featuring uber-fave Rachael Yamagata: Tears For Fears' "Shout" and The Cure's "Kyoto Song"- both are on Dunc's myspace.)


But "Stripped" feels like the day I found out about Cake Shop on the lower east side. A bar that sells cake? Cake & Beer & cookies? In the same place? It's just a sign the world knows I'm here. And that I'm listening. Let's just be honest. Nobody this side of 1989 (or...ever) mixes synth and strings like Duncan. It's heaven. You, too, can know this joy by purchasing the EP here.



And Happy Birthday, Miss Iona!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...