Friday, December 24, 2010

friendship is the christmas spirit


 Happy Christmas Eve! This has already been an eventful trip to round out an eventful year. The best times in my whole life, I think-- certainly the times that actually feel like the point of Christmas-- are these times with my friend-families. Sometimes, you just have to go help with an Elf photo shoot or be a witness on divorce papers. 


The mystic I saw this week said 2010 was a year for breaking apart. And indeed, I saw three friends through divorces. And I myself divorced from my spouse, New York. But I also saw that moving to another country made most of my best friendships stronger than ever. That I made so many new ones I now feel I could never live without. And there are these two new people-- Tigerlily & Luke. 


We can laugh (and yell if we need to) our way through anything. When deciding what to put on the Elf Christmas card, the original thought was something straight. But then Emily yells out, "Go Elf Yourself!" Would it be appropriate? Maybe not for any other family, but definitely for this one. Jimmy daddy put the issue to bed: "Do it. It's been that kind of year."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...