Thursday, December 9, 2010

any human heart



My newest television diversion (I know some of you are just now able to view Downton Abbey in the States) is Any Human Heart. Based on the 2002 book by Scottish novelist, William Boyd, and superbly cast, it's my new obsession (procrastination). 


I actually think I am enjoying it more so than the book. There are a couple of repetitive devices that are getting a little wearisome by the third episode, and I do feel like they allow Matthew MacFadyen to do a lot of the heavy-lifting, but on the whole, lovely. And afterall, why NOT let Matthew MacFadyen do the heavy lifting? He is just charming charming charming. 


For those of you who liked the Pillars of the Earth adaptation, this is a big ol' reunion of that. So, get on this show, stat. It seems like you can watch it in the states, too. And if you're on this side of the pond and have yet to start, check it out on channel 4


2 comments:

  1. Ha! That's so funny. I was going to suggest you watched this. I've only seen half of the first episode (uncharacteristically for me, good sense took over and I decided sleep, rather than nocturnal viewing, was the more prudent option at 1 a.m. the other week). I'll get back to it soon though.

    xoxox

    Iona

    ReplyDelete
  2. "This video contains content from Channel 4, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

    The appropriate response to this would appear to be: BOLLOCKS. I have so much costume drama watching to do when I visit! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...