Tuesday, December 14, 2010

late-breaking VOTE! news

photo by Curtis Brown Photography


Hey baby birds. Great news here in Scotland. Remember how I've always wanted the chance to ACTUALLY workshop VOTE! before we had to put up the show? Well Merry Christmas to me and Steven because we're going to workshop the show here at St Andrews. 


We've been hard at work on cool new changes to the show and we're itching to see what they'll look and sound like when we put everything back together. So in February and March (to coincide with the apparently crazy-serious elections here) we're going to do a month long workshop of the show with students. 


I'll talk a bit about the musical development process, dramaturgical things, why we've made the changes we've made, etc. And we'll read, discuss, I'll edit and then we'll come back in a few days and look again. It will culminate in a production, but guess who WON'T have to produce it for once-- ME! 


I was looking at some old blog footage from when I used to make all those silly blogs a few years ago, and it turns out, I may actually be psychic. Did I predict VOTE! in Scotland? I just might have. 


More information is forthcoming if you're in St Andrews and would like to be a part of the VOTE! workshop in any way. We won't just need actors and wailing singers. Even if you just want to learn all that goes into developing a new musical, this will be for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...