Thursday, June 21, 2012

Long Walks and Rice Reunions



Basically, I think I only like living in London when I can walk wherever I'm going. In the case of last night, that was The Albion near Barnsbury to meet up with an old time Rice friend, Laura Sawyer. Laura is probably the ONLY friend I have that overlapped into both of my primary activities at Rice: musicals and bartending at the pub. Bless her. I've always said that Rice friends remind you of who you really are. Which of course is a seething-with-neuroses, yet good-hearted nerd. 


Lots of beautiful patio space and hanging flowers at The Albion. Not great beer selection, but the Bloody Marys looked good. The chips were divine. As was the company. 


I even walked home. And, even though I was cold, on the first day of Summer, I started to remember why I wanted to move here. 


It's also the first day of the London 2012 Festival. I've been perusing my program booklet and starring all the things I want to try to catch. Perhaps the Stonehenge Bounce House? Summer in the City-- if it is indeed Summer-- is a favorite thing of mine. Here's hoping these festival activities are worth writing home about. And by that, I mean, of course, writing home to you, my dear lovely readers, wherever you are. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...