Friday, June 22, 2012

Who Loves You, Pretty Baby Links


Another week, another phd deadline met. Phew. I'd like to give this week's MVP award to cardio. I couldn't have made it through this week without the insane, intense, dance-like- no-one's-watching spaz fest that happened in my living room and occasionally on the streets on London all day, every day. 


You know, they say they "don't write 'em like they used to," and of course, that's true. But I still believe, and will always believe, in the enormous healing properties of a good pop song, no matter how insipid.


- Somewhere out there, it's my long-lost (and found) stepbrother's 30th birthday. June 2-2. Daxy!
- This has been all over. But it's really good. With the women. And the workplace. And the bind.
- No Prince Required: the first review I've seen of Pixar's Scotland-set, female-led BRAVE.
- What if I lived here? Look at those windows!
- BBC posts "Your Pictures of Scotland"
- DOONER is here! I can't tell you how it warms my little ol' heart to have such a huge piece of my New York family in London doing his thang. Londoners, check out London Bread-- I mean, Landon Beard-- and the rest of the Four Seasons with Frankie Valli at Royal Albert Hall this week.


- Finally, I leave you with the vid from one of my fave performances of the Dooner alongside the legendary Frankie Valli. These are my choice of songs, and at Tribute on Ice no less! For all its many and varied camp jewels, this is probably just one of the best videos on the internet. You kick off that solo on Dec 63 at 8:30, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...