Thursday, June 2, 2011

Exploring Edinburgh on Errands


Lately, I've been using all the errands I do as excuses to explore Edinburgh. I just walk everywhere I need to go-- even if it's more of a bus trip. Earlier this week, I had to go all the way to the water, down Leith Walk (which I sort of compare to the NYC equivalent of Alphabet City in the 90's) to pick up my new Emily Hogarth Caledonia in grey. (It's beautiful!) On the way back, rather than take Leith Walk again, I followed the Water of Leith Path. 

It was the longer route. The whole excursion took about two and half hours, but it was worth it. I'm really loving learning how much there is to appreciate about the city. (Especially if the sun is out!) I recommend walking to an unfamiliar neighborhood in your town too. It's good to get out of ruts and see what you might have been missing. 

1 comment:

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...