Thursday, June 17, 2010

a lovely surprise

Proving that sometimes, the most unexpected people do the most thoughtful things, last night, I received a lovely surprise! A family friend (and avid reader of Fergie & Fife), knowing my love of the book, and general obsession with all rare books,  alerted me that she had found and purchased at auction a second edition copy of Gone With The Wind for me! Thanks, Dena!!

Published just 7 months after the initial printing, it's easily the crown jewel of my collection. My week has been made. Sometimes, when I'm feeling blue, I'll read just a bit of it, or watch some of the film, and instantly remember how magical it is. Sometimes, art knows what you need and gives it to you, even when you don't know what you need!

1 comment:

  1. I love surprises! I started my own blog called "Juicy Friuit is for Old Folks and Crazy Folks"

    ReplyDelete

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...