Tuesday, June 8, 2010

one gorgeous wedding



Here are my photos from Daryl & Paul's gorgeous wedding yesterday. I have to say, the whole thing started out wrong! It was so humid and so hot and I just couldn't get my apartment to cool down. Which also presented problems when it came to putting on my yellow taffeta dress (which is hard enough to put on by myself anyhow-- it's the boobs. [when I think about ending up alone, it things like that, putting on difficult clothing in my old age, that makes me think twice]).  Then, there were hurricane winds, blowing my fluffy skirt up on the way. And because it was just MOIST, my shoes that have never given me problems before had caused terribly painful blisters by the time I got to the bus. A friend bought me some band-aids (blessings) and we all tried to air out on the bus, thinking, "please, god, let this wedding have been moved INDOORS!" (It was.)


Just when we thought we were home free, we pulled up to the Chateau and the bus wouldn't fit in the port-a-cachere, so it dropped us off at the end of a mile-long drive. Which would have been okay, even with the blisters (it was vaguely Tara-esque, when Scarlett isn't sure if the house is still there... "I can't see, is it still there? Is the house still there?" and then the sun finally shone on it...and it was still farrrr away) had the sky not, at that moment,  opened wide and dark and ominous, ready to dump serious cooling New Jersey rain all over my dress and what was left of my hairdo. I knew I wasn't going to show up to that wedding soaking wet, so I was RUNNING. I no joke sprinted down that endless driveway until finally I was picked up a merciful car. After that (Aside from the commotion caused during pre-ceremony champagne where a sweet old man nearly choked to death on an apricot [we thought it was a fight at first, the scene that went down, "SOMEBODY CALL 911! MAKE ROOM" and the heimlich....) but after that, it was smooth sailing, South Pacific with a big band sound and Hava Nagila.


The raw bar... I've never seen anything like it. And in the end, the weather turned as beautiful as the event itself and everyone had an amazing time. I love life. Maybe I'll write  book about being a professional wedding attendee. Like Wedding Crashers, except that I'm invited.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...