Friday, July 13, 2012

The Comfort - Discomfort Zone Links



Most of the logistical issues I was initially worried about have fallen into place a bit easier and faster than I had originally anticipated. I don't want to jinx anything, but it sure makes it easier in my quest to try to enjoy this last time I have in the UK. 


I've been telling people a lot that thinking about leaving is sort of like a bad black hole for me, so instead I think of already being back in New York and being back in Los Angeles and that thought is thrilling. There's so much I want to be working on. So many people I want to be collaborating with. Anyone who knows me knows how much I hate the feeling of sitting on my hands. 


In any case, I feel like I've had bit clearer sense of purpose this past week: always a good idea. Here's what else happened this week. 

- Granta's The Londoners. I think it will be my final London souvenir. I'll imagine the life I could have had here and then let it go.
- If I had any money, I also wouldn't mind going to the author's dinner at Islington Metal Works.
- Some non-Starbucks options for your London "Third Place."
- While I find this depressing, here's why there was no Pulitzer Prize for fiction this year. 
- My old pal and LA On-Air personality Kade looks at some tracks from the Fleetwood Mac Tribute.
- A compelling conspiracy theory for why Saved By the Bell was all a dream. 
- Lest we forget the awesome power of Flight of the Concords + Broadway Musicals
- Been trying to track this down in the UK. Anything with my pal Johnnie Gallagher is ok by me. 
- Comedians & The rape jokes. This. "Your job as a comedian is to take us through pain, transcend pain, transform pain. And if you don't get that, you are a fucking bully, and I've got zero time for bullies." Boom. 


- Along those same lines, this
- Alex Carnevale on Iris Murdoch
- Damages is back! So far, so CRAZY!
- Is it weird that I like to watch Damages paired with Suits? Gabriel Macht. Le Sigh.
- My college roomie, Sasha Cooke, is at it again, being like the world's most amazing mezzo.  When she's not winning Grammys, she's singing with the Colburn Orchestra on this album. Check it. 


- I think I've been in denial about the odd, slow weight loss I've been experiencing for about the last 6 months. I've always been small and it doesn't feel like I've lost that much weight. The scale agrees with me. But none and I mean NONE of my clothes fit. They hang, they show my bra, I have to roll the waist down, they gape even in the butt.  I don't want to go crazy or anything, but I'd sell a kidney to just go into somewhere safe like, Gap Body and buy a bunch of soft things that actually fit me. That's how vulnerable I've been feeling. Screw comfort food. Yoga clothes that fit. That's my comfort. And, just to reiterate: Frank Ocean

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...